Just bought some midi/knee-length dresses and don’t know how to style them without looking like you’re wearing a uniform? Looking for ways to elevate your outfit every season?
We get it. Fashion can be a headache.
Luckily, we’ve compiled just the list for you. Let’s check out ways you can style your midi or knee-length dresses from season to season.
The leaves are turning green, the snow is melting, and the weather is turning just the right temperature for a long hike or a picnic in Central Park. Spring has come. Unfortunately for you, none of your gear works. Jackets are too warm, and summer dresses are too cold.
Stuck between choices? Here’s what to do:
- Pair a midi dress with a light cardigan or denim jacket to keep warm while looking fashion-forward.
- Go for bright and vibrant prints or pastel colors to embrace the refreshing spirit of spring, and layer a cardigan if you need to.
- Complete your look with ankle boots or flats (if it’s warmer outside) for a chic and comfortable OOTD.
The sun is shining, the breeze is warm, and the golden light of your sun paints everything a lovely golden color. But it’s also hot. So, how can you make the most of your closet full of midi/knee-length dresses?
Here’s what to do:
- Embrace the breezy and airy nature of summer by wearing your midi dress on its own. You don’t need any accessories to shine.
- Choose lightweight and flowy fabrics like cotton or linen to stay cool in the heat. You don’t need to skimp on patterns or details, though!
- Accessorize with sunglasses, a wide-brimmed hat, and sandals for a relaxed and summery vibe. The sun — however wonderful it feels — is bad for your skin. So, take care!
The leaves are turning brown, and so is your mood. Your dress options have shrunk to faded blues, browns, and blacks — or are they? Not really. Remember: nobody can define fashion for you because your style is you.
So, if you want to stick with summer florals or patterns, do it. But if you’re looking for a change, here’s how to dress up or down:
- Transition to autumn colors and prints like earth tones, plaids, or floral patterns with deeper hues. They’re gorgeous — really!
- Layer your midi dress with a chunky knit sweater or a cozy cardigan to remain comfy and stylish. You never know when winter is coming.
- Style with ankle boots or knee-high boots to keep your legs warm and add a touch of fall fashion.
The leaves have fallen, the snow has arrived, and you’re shivering inside with the thermostat turned up. Is wearing a midi/knee-length dress even an option? Of course, it is! Here’s what to do:
- Wear your midi dress with tights or leggings to protect your legs from the cold, especially if you’re going for a grocery run.
- Layer a fitted turtleneck or a long-sleeved top underneath for extra insulation. Remember: if your neck is cozy, the rest of you is comfy.
- Pair with a tailored coat or a stylish jacket to complete the winter look. And don't forget a cozy scarf and boots for added warmth. Icy breezes are no fun.
5. All Seasons
If you’re looking to wear midi or knee-length dresses all year round without them getting boring or feeling repetitive, cinch your waist with a belt to define your silhouette and add some much-needed oomph touch.
You can also experiment with different accessories like statement jewelry, scarves, or hats to elevate your outfit. For instance, pair anklets with rings to add some bling and turn-head charm to your look!
Plus, you can play with various footwear options like ankle boots, flats, sneakers, or heels to adapt to different occasions and styles. There’s nothing that doesn’t match these dresses!